Reversed Engineered object





        For this project I started to think about what object I'm gonna use first so I went through the old stuff and tried to find a object that is a little complex so I found a old version of Power drill and I started to measure it. Because it was old I had to change just some part of it for having a better design at the end.



I started to draw the Drill handle from the front view and started with drawing a circles first from the very small one to the bigger ones.




for the next step I started to draw the handle from the side view separately, and drew two circles at the end of my lines to use the sweep two.




Then I went back to the top parts that I drew first and I used sweep 2 again for the parts that started form smaller diameter to bigger diameter of circle and I used extrude for the circles that were the same size, to make a solid shapes and what ever left not as a solid I used cap for them.



I drew the bottom part of the drill at the end from the side view and extrude it and drew the extra standing part on both sides of the base, basically drew circles and attached them with lines and trim the extra lines at the end.








         This project was kind of challenging for me and took so much time and I think the hardest part for me was the handle and the trigger of it,  for the handle I used sweep 2, two curved lines on both sides and 4 circles, two in the middle and one at the first part of the rail and one at the end of the rail, and I couldn't able to close the shape and make it solid because my curves in the middle was not quite flat and it was kind of curvy, even offset didn't work at the end I cut out the surface a little bit with split a straight surface from it to close it, same problem with the trigger that because of the shape of the handle that should be a sharp curve to hold the trigger properly, again I couldn't able to make a solid shape easily. Also, I was trying to draw rectangles on top of my cylinder shapes and I didn't know how to do that then I just extrude them in my cylinder and used boolean difference. At the end I enjoyed this project and realized which parts I have to work more on it, and I think with the new things that I learned from the last class like a network command and project line to surface I can design same thing faster and easier.



Renders





































 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castle

Chess Set