Surface Design



photo research and Ideas


















Assignment 2:




          For this assignment I started to draw some lines from realistic photo to minimal and abstract shapes. Which is interesting that I can make different patterns from it, Also, I can use this design for anything like window design or stickers or coffee table design or even for the counter top. In This Assignment I inspired by the architecture design and how they are 3d and part of the challenge is to think of a design which is 3d as a flat sheet or flat surface or change a photo that has perspective to a quite flat surface. I really enjoyed to do that and I 'll do that in future with different architecture designs as well and  flatten them to get a new pattern to use for surfaces.


 
          
          Then I started to add some colours to my shapes with the Hatch tool in put each shape in a different layer of colour. my favourite part of this assignment is using the colours. I used few colours and different values of it and some other colour as a contrast. 


           After that I started to design a pattern which is geometric and use Array as a command to repeat my pattern around the circle and for the middle part I used part of my design (just small portion ) of it, again used Array for repeating it. In the middle I drew hexagon and offset it few times.





 



    This is the result that I can array in XY and have pattern from it as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castle

Chess Set